In our quest to get every L.A. Mayoral candidate on the record about their favorite taco (Eric Garcetti’s answer here), we turn to Emanual Pleitez, who describes himself as a progressive Los Angeles native who is running an unconventional campaign. Get more info on the candidate here. So, Emanuel, what’s your favorite taco?
“1. Mojica Tacos in evenings/late nights off Alhambra Ave and Hollister Ave
2. Carnitas Michoacan off Soto St and Whittier to sit down late night
3. Hecho en Mexico on Huntington Dr if you’d like to get served
4. Tacos El Gavilan on Washington and Central
5. El Sombrero on Main St just north of Washington
6. And, when I want to accompany tacos with a tamal or torta, then it’s all about Tamale Man and King Torta in El Sereno, respectively
**Above all, though, my mom makes the meanest tacos and burritos in LA. Join our campaign and you’ll get access to some. As Mayor of Los Angeles, I will do what I can to increase the amount and quality of tacos available for all Angelenos.”
A message from the campaign: EMANUEL PLEITEZ is a progressive Los Angeles native committed to uniting, serving, and inspiring his community. We are running an unconventional grassroots effort so voters can really get to know Emanuel and his vision for Los Angeles. With full time field organizers, interns and volunteers, he is looking to reach out to each neighborhood to talk to the people, and truly understand what Los Angeles wants and needs. Pleitez for LA!