Willy Bensussen, AKA the Gaslamp Killer burst onto the LA scene with his trademark frenetic energy, wild but impeccable taste in records, and unique approach to heavy, heavy beats. Now a certified global phenomenon, GLK still holds down Low End Theory and represents LA worldwide wherever he goes. On September 18th, he will release his first full-length record Breakthrough on Brainfeeder records. The album is being hailed by critics and peers as something truly original and special, a unique trip through the mind of a madman.
But what we really wanted to know, is where does GLK get his tacos. So, Willy, what’s your favorite taco?
Taco Zone in Echo Park!
Nice. Watch the Gaslamp Killer RIGHT NOW (11am PST), live on the Boiler Room from London. http://boilerroom.tv/gaslamp-killer-kutmah-martello-cherrystones/
Tracklist for Breakthrough.
1. Breakthrough Intro
2. Veins (with Gonjasufi)
3. Holy Mt Washington (with Computer Jay)
5. Critic (with Mophono)
6. Dead Vets (with Adrian Younge & MRR)
7. Flange Face (with Miguel Atwood-Ferguson)
9. Apparitions (with Gonjasufi)
10. Impulse (with Daedelus)
11. Peasants, Cripples & Retards (with SAMIYAM)
12. Meat Guilt (with RSI)
14. Nissim (with Amir Yaghmai)
15. Keep It Simple Stupid (with Shigeto)
16. Seven Years of Bad Luck for Fun (with Dimlite)
17. In the Dark…
Photo via Fact Mag.