Wednesday, August 15, 2012
In our quest to get every L.A. Mayoral candidate on the record about their favorite taco (Eric Garcetti’s answer here), we turn to Emanual Pleitez, who describes himself as a progressive Los Angeles native who is running an unconventional campaign. Get more info on the candidate here. So, Emanuel, what’s your favorite taco?
“1. Mojica Tacos in evenings/late nights off Alhambra Ave and Hollister Ave
2. Carnitas Michoacan off Soto St and Whittier to sit down late night
3. Hecho en Mexico on Huntington Dr if you’d like to get served
4. Tacos El Gavilan on Washington and Central
5. El Sombrero on Main St just north of Washington
6. And, when I want to accompany tacos with a tamal or torta, then it’s all about Tamale Man and King Torta in El Sereno, respectively
**Above all, though, my mom makes the meanest tacos and burritos in LA. Join our campaign and you’ll get access to some. As Mayor of Los Angeles, I will do what I can to increase the amount and quality of tacos available for all Angelenos.”
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Lucerne Ave. ~ Culver City ~ CA
Friday, July 27, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
Boyle Heights artivist, Nico of Los Poets del Norte and Merkado Negro, designed a special “Z is for Zapata” cut out mask for this Sundays Marcha por Zapata. The annual march is going to be starting from Ross Valencia Park, on 1st and Chicago, at 9 am. Folks are and then gonna march out at 10 am to Plaza de la Raza in Lincoln Heights. If you are going to the march, print out the mask and wear it. Que viva Zapata !!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Downtown ~ Los Angeles